eCommerce customer experience is the most crucial thing you can invest in to secure your online store’s long-term success.
Since the pandemic, consumer behaviors have evolved dramatically, buyers have flocked online in droves, their expectations are higher than ever, and brand loyalty is more difficult to retain. 74% of consumers are highly likely to buy from businesses based on their experiences, which now need to extend both online and offline.
It can be said that customer experience management will play an important role in the success of your business. Therefore, this article will show you 5 effective ways to improve the customer experience for your eCommerce store.
- What is an eCommerce customer experience?
- Why is eCommerce customer experience so important?
- 5 strategies to improve eCommerce customer experience
- Invest in website experience of customers
- Keep an omnichannel customer experience
- Improve customer service
- Personalized customer experience
- Marketplace integrations
- 3 examples of successful eCommerce customer experience
Start your day
What is an eCommerce customer experience?
The term “eCommerce customer experience” simply refers to how you make your customers feel when they seek or purchase your products via your websites. It is your customer’s perception of your brand or business. The first impressions of your eCommerce website visitors will mainly influence whether they return, how much they spend with you, and how long they stay as clients.
Why is eCommerce customer experience so important?
Customers seek a positive shopping experience above everything else when picking who to purchase with. Indeed, 58% of customers think that they are willing to pay more for guaranteed good service.
On the other hand, giving your consumers the finest customer experience possible whenever they ship with you increases the likelihood that they will reuters as repeat customers and brand supporters. According to an article of Linkedin, 92% of businesses devoted to improving their eCommerce customer experience reported an increase in customer loyalty and revenue.
All of the data shown so far has demonstrated that the worth of a pleasant customer experience to a business is enormous. It has the ability to either increase or diminish sales. Your website can either promote dissatisfaction and skepticism, or it can foster trust and provide an engaging consumer experience. Furthermore, a strong customer experience can help you drastically save costs because satisfied consumers can help you cut down on a lot of internet advertising costs.
5 strategies to improve eCommerce customer experience
Invest in website experience of customers
Most likely, your eCommerce website will be your first point of contact or first impression with potential customers. Most likely, your eCommerce website will be your first point of contact or first impression with potential customers. By redesign or improving the website with your in-house team or a UX design agency, you can decrease the number of support tickets. To have an user-friendly and responsive website, here are some factors that you should consider:
- UX/UI design: A well-designed website with a user-friendly interface and intuitive navigation can greatly improve the customer experience.
- Website speed: Fast-loading websites are crucial for providing a positive customer experience. Slow loading times can lead to frustration and a higher likelihood of customers abandoning their shopping carts.
- High-quality content: High-quality content, such as good product descriptions, excellent images, and videos that can describe the product in detail, can greatly enhance the customer experience.
- Mobile optimization: Using a responsive design that adapts to different screen sizes and ensuring that the checkout process is easy to complete on a mobile device.
Keep an omnichannel customer experience
To provide a successful customer experience, it is important to have a strong omni-channel presence that reaches customers across all internet channels. This can be achieved by ensuring that your website clearly displays contact information and incorporating live chat and chatbots to provide real-time customer service. Hiring knowledgeable customer support representatives can further enhance the customer experience. It is also important to have proper hosting to ensure that your website is easily accessible to users. By implementing these strategies, businesses can improve conversions and provide a seamless eCommerce customer experience.
Improve customer service
One of the most significant issues that many customers have with the ecommerce customer journey is a lack of help during the purchasing cycle. Although shopping online can be convenient, it can also be a major headache if something goes wrong and you can’t get the assistance you require.
To provide better support to customers, there are several ways to improve the ecommerce user journey, such as:
- Installing a chatbot: Chatbots can swiftly answer client questions at any time of day, eliminating the need for them to wait for an email response. It doesn’t take much time or effort to implement one of these solutions if you already have a lot of information about your shop and items that you can use to create a chatbot’s knowledge base.
- Creating a contact page: During the purchasing process, your customers may encounter issues that they are unable to resolve on their own. Creating a content page that includes information on how your clients may contact you via digital channels (such as social media and email) as well as by phone will have a significant impact on brand trust.
- Implementing live chat: If you have a significantly larger team of professionals, or if your store is developing, live chat can be a wonderful method to engage with your audience in real-time. It can also provide them with the piece of mind they require when making a purchase.
Today, businesses need to offer more than just a valid email address to enhance the customer experience. The more support offered to customers, the greater the likelihood of achieving business goals.
Personalized customer experience
Custom customer experience is a powerful tool for transforming the online customer experience journey. Research shows that around 80% of consumers are more likely to do business with a company that offers personalized experiences, resulting in increased impulse purchases and average order value. By personalizing the shopping experience, businesses can present customers with the most relevant products and solutions as soon as they arrive on the site. Modern eCommerce tools make it easy to create dynamic pages that adapt to the needs of individual customers.
You may start by modifying what clients see on your homepage based on the products they’ve previously looked at, and then follow up with:
- Custom product bundle suggestions.
- Relevant “People Also Bought” suggestions.
- Customized post-purchase advice to boost upsell opportunities.
The more personalized the interaction, the more money your customer is willing to spend. When given a customized experience, almost 40% of customers think they are more likely to spend more.
By reducing superfluous code, the eCommerce marketplace simplifies the complicated process of purchasing and selling. It speeds up the process by maintaining and controlling the workflow. You can easily allow consumers to access different marketplaces in the same niche under one umbrella by using marketplace integration.
It will allow users to stay on your website and access all of the things they require. It is one of the most effective strategies to expand your brand, enhance sales of your core products and boost your customer experience in your eCommerce store. If you sell both online and offline, POS solutions can help you simplify your management in both online and offline activities. It’s outstanding features such as syncing data in real time or selling everywhere from one platform; which can help the checkout process ease and fast.
3 examples of successful eCommerce customer experience
In terms of eCommerce customer experience, Ralph Lauren has invested in engaging online shopping experience by sending customers to the dressing room with the help of Snapchat. Snapchat users who like Ralph Lauren can use their Snapchat avatars to virtually try on Ralph Lauren ensembles and purchase them through the app. This customer experience example is a fantastic marriage of opposites, providing digital consumers with a virtual storefront while making purchasing entertaining and easy. The novelty of using their Snapchat avatars to demo the latest Ralph Lauren ensembles will entice new Ralph Lauren customers, enhancing brand awareness and, eventually, conversions.
Netflix is a data-driven firm that uses complex internal algorithms to decide what its customers desire and what new TV episodes and movie licenses to obtain in order to provide a tailored one-of-a-kind experience.
They concentrate on their frequent customers since they know that people who watch at least 15 hours of video per week are 75% less likely to cancel their subscriptions than others. By doing this, Netflix provides each user a unique customer experience that can enhance customer retention and loyalty.
Amazon is a prime example of a successful eCommerce customer experience. They offer a wide range of products, competitive pricing, and fast shipping. They also provide a seamless and intuitive website and mobile app, personalized recommendations, and a hassle-free returns process. Additionally, their customer service is top-notch, with 24/7 support and a commitment to resolving any issues quickly and efficiently.
In conclusion, providing a positive customer experience is crucial for the success of any eCommerce business. By implementing the top 5 strategies to boost eCommerce customer experience, businesses can improve their customer retention rates, increase sales, and build a loyal customer base. These strategies include personalizing the shopping experience, optimizing website usability, and providing excellent customer service. By focusing on these key areas, eCommerce businesses can create a seamless and enjoyable shopping experience for their customers, leading to long-term success.