Try your best to create customer-focused content, and your efforts will take profitless of your company to the next level.
Do you produce tons of content, but get no results? Probably, you forget one important thing –your content must be customer-focused. If you don’t address the questions your target audience has, you are heading in the wrong direction.
To improve conversions, you should update your content marketing strategy and put the preferences of your customers first. Here are a few useful tips, which will help you to write high-quality texts and achieve your business goals.
Define the preferences of your customers
First things first, if you want to write customer-focused content, you should clearly understand what your customers what to read about. You should conduct a little market research to find out which topics are worth discussion.
“In fact, your customers don’t want to read articles, which cover general issues. They want to get detailed answers on their specific questions,” states Christopher K. Mercer, digital entrepreneur and creator of Citatior.
For instance, if you sell juicer machines, you should avoid writing articles about the benefits of freshly squeezed juice. It’s unlikely that you will be able to surprise your audience with any new facts. However, if you create content about celery juice challenge, which is currently going viral on social media, it will boost conversions.
If you have no idea what to discuss in the next blog post, do the following:
- Check forums and blogs related to your niche and review frequently asked questions.
- Monitor reviews on your website, social media, and other platforms. If your customers have questions regarding the quality or specific features of your product, you should discuss these issues in details.
- Use Google Trends to identify trending keywords in your niche. Try to understand what kind of queries your audience creates.
- Run a survey. Instead of playing guessing games, you can ask your customers what questions they currently have.
Know your audience
Second things second, you should know not only what to write, but how to write. It all depends on who your customers are and which preferences they have.
If you want to know your audience better, you should analyze demographics:
- Marital status
- Level of income
Also, you should clearly understand whether readers have any background knowledge related to the topic discussed. It will help you to choose an appropriate writing style:
- Language: formal or informal
- A tone of voice: authoritative, enthusiastic, conversational, friendly,
- convincing, humorous, etc.
- Emotion: mild or strong
- Word usage: jargon, slang words, etc.
Let’s say your target audience is female Millennials, who keep a healthy diet. To engage your readers, you should write an article about celery juice in a friendly, conversational tone. You can add jokes and use popular slang words or memes.
But what if your audience is 45+ years old professionals, who worked in the healthcare industry for more than ten years? In this case, formal writing is the only option. You should use medical terms and present your ideas from a scientific point of view.
Your content should be not only interesting for your target audience, but also readable. “Modern users don’t read texts, which seem to be complex and unstructured. If you wrote a fascinating article but didn’t make it scannable, most customers wouldn’t read it, states James Daily, Head of the content department at FlashEssay.
Writing a blog post, you should follow a few simple rules:
- Use subheadings. Guide your readers through the post.
- Keep your sentences short. Perfect length of a sentence is 12-22 words.
- Break the text into small paragraphs. Start a new paragraph every two or three sentences.
- Don’t overuse passive voice. People find it easier to read sentences written in active voice.
- Add bulleted lists. It will help to draw the readers’ attention to the most important points.
Moreover, readability is an important Google ranking factor. The search engine uses visitor behavior as a ranking factor. And if you want to get your website to the top of Google search, you should structure your texts properly and make them SEO-friendly.
There are a few useful services, which may help you:
- OnlineWritersRating. If you search for the trustful writing service, visit this website. Here you can find numerous customer reviews, which will help you to choose the most reliable online company.
- Hemingway. This is a free app, which allows checking readability for free. The system automatically identifies and highlights hard-to-read phrases, adverbs, and sentences written in passive voice.
- EssaySupply. If you want to get adequate writing and editing assistance, check this service. Professional writers will craft high-quality textual content, which will be perfect in terms of readability and SEO-friendliness.
Write in simple words and add examples
No matter how good you are in writing, you should be very careful with wording. Content on your website shouldn’t look like Shakespeare’s sophisticated poem. Remember that the simpler your texts are the higher conversion is.
People will not read your article till the end if it’s full of unknown or rarely used words. It’s obvious that no one wants to feel stupid, because of abstruse text.
Also, when you create customer-focused content, you should use illustrative examples and give practical pieces of advice. It will help your readers to get a better understanding of the topic.
Try your best to explain everything in simple words. Even if you write an article for senior readers, use examples, which every high school student will understand. Being user-friendly means that you respect readers’ time.
And please, learn one important rule. If you can’t create a specific type of content, don’t be ashamed to ask for help. If you find it challenging to craft an email template, utilize letter writing services. And if you don’t know how to transform textual content into infographics, check a graphic-design tool.
Wrap it up
If you want to boost conversion, you should put your customers first. You should talk to people in the way they like it, and address the issues they want to be solved. Try your best to create customer-focused content, and your efforts will take profitless of your company to the next level.